|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
Clifford Sydney Philpott
Born 16th April 1903 in Bristol. The son of Frank Sydney Philpott, who became High Sherrif of Bristol in 1933, and Helen (nee Dyer). His parents lived at 81 Pembroke Road, Clifton.
He was christened at St. Andrews Church, Montpelier on 24th May 1903. The church closed in 1958, was demolished in 1969 and is now a park.
Above St. Andrews Church, Montpelier, Bristol
He was educated at Clifton College in 1918
He joined Clifton RFC in 1919-20
He married Gwyneth M W Jones in Cardiff in 1931.
He served in World War 2 as a Major in the Cheshire Regiment
Died in hospital 26th March 1946 in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
Buried at Burntwood Cemetery, Christchurch.
His name is not on the Clifton Memorial.