|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
Richard Ellison Strachan
Father of Clifton's first captain, Charles Strachan. He was born on 25th August 1815 in Bristol. He moved from 2 Wellington Square, Cheltenham to Argyle House, Pembroke Road, Clifton. An Oil Merchant.
Above Richard Ellison Strachan
By 1891 the family were living at Wick House, Durdham Down.
Above Argle House, 107 Pembroke Road, Clifton.
Above the signature of Richard Ellison Strachan from an Indenture dated the 24th December 1889 regarding a Lace Factory on Woodborough Road, Nottingham with Edmund Pratt, Jessie Hind and William Lockwood
Above Richard Ellison Strachan.He died on 22nd January 1892.